About NAMI Boston
We invite you come out and meet us.
We are all touched by mental illness. We join together — no matter where you live; what language you speak; whether you are family members, friends, peers or caregivers — to share our lived experience with mental illness.
- “We are here to support you and your family member to meet the challenges of mental illness or mental health issues,” says Roy L, a volunteer leader in Dorchester, Mattapan, Roxbury.
- “If you or a loved one feels overwhelmed by the challenge, good news, you are not alone. We can help you navigate through,” says Steve R, a volunteer from Jamaica Plain.
- “We share stories of recovery and supporting each other,” says Ewa P, a volunteer from Roslindale.
- “For many, talking about this can be a very touchy subject–Not Us!”
- We form a community that welcomes all.
- We learn together, share information, understanding, & experiences.
- We advocate together.
- We provide NAMI education and support programs in the greater Boston area.
- We are all volunteers.